some of joshes mob

some of joshes mob

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Some stories

It all started when I was 6 1/2 years old. I remember it all so clearly. My oldest sister, Molly, held my hand tight as we walked around the circus grounds for the first time gaping at all we saw. It was so exciting, the clowns and tricks, the hot-dog and popcorn stands, the circus music, and OH so many people! We had only 3 tickets as our allowance wasn't the greatest back then. As we came around the corner of the game stands I stopped dead in my tracks...there they were, we had found them. Everything else around me became blurred and faint once my eyes were set on what I was seeing. Five little ponies, the perfect size for me, all walking in circles with children on their backs. Molly looked down at me and said "Go Ahead...". In my eagerness, I had almost forgotten to take the tickets as Molly yelled after me "Wait! You need a ticket!", raising her hand to wave the tickets she was holding in the air. I stopped and looked back only to see a strange man running off with his freshly stolen tickets. I dropped to my knees and began to cry, "I wanted to ride the ponies, I wanted to!"....


Author of this paragraph: Friesian_Freak

....but all was not lost, the ticket seller seeing what had happened decided to give me a ride for free. she told me I could have any pony in the ring. I scanned the ponies for he one I thought was perfect, and there he was a prettyu little petite palomino, he was just georgous. As I climbed up on to the sturdy pony i looked around, no one else had a pony as nice as mine....


Author of this paragraph: horse lover

the owner of the pony helped me get on and the ponies began walking. Instantly, I was in love. I stroked the palomino's soft mane and pet his neck. He nickered softly back to me. Each time I stroked his neck, he nickered so softly only the two of us could hear it. I felt like I was living in a dream! What seemed like a only a brief minute later, I snapped out of my dream world to find that the ponies were stopping and the owner was helping everyone dismount. As I got off and started to walk away with tears beginning to swell up in my eyes, the sweet palomino turned to me and began nickering louder than before...over and over...with an intense, panicking look in his eye, as a foal would look being separated from its mother...


Author of this paragraph: Sarah

I started to panic. How could I leave this sweet golden pony? As I started to turn around to go back, a little girl about 4 years old was being helped onto the little palomino. The pony started nickering to the little red haired girl as he had to me. I smiled, realizing the pretty palomino pony had a heart as big as he was. This pony had a love for children, and they learned to love him in the few moments that they got to spend with him. Another pony was a pretty dapple grey, very petite with a tiny soft lump on her nose. The attendant called her June. Lots of children were lined up to ride June. Another pony was a paint with glass eyes (blue) named Sugar. Another was an appaloosa by the name of Chief with a pretty blanket on his rump. I heard the attendant call the palomino Sunset, which I thought was a really nice name. Too soon it was time to go, and the little girl had finished her ride with Sunset. A father was putting a toddler on his back as I walked on with Molly to see the rest of the sights. As we were walking along, an elephant came bursting down the midway straight at us.....


Author of this paragraph: Horse lover

Tara!!! Get out of the way! Molly screamed. But fortunately the elephant stopped and gazed into my eyes, it was love at first sight! I noticed that the elephant was still a baby almost adult. I decided to ride it so I got on to his back...


Author of this paragraph: Susan

just as I go on the palomino started to Winnie and cry out. It almost sounded jealous. So I got down and walked over to it. Sunset settled down. And the owner said he must be in love. He said it the pony was about 14 and it was time to retire. He said for $25 I could have him. I was so excited I started to jump up and down. My sister came over and said that it costs to much to keep the pony. I remembered the Paterson's about 2 miles down the road had horses and I was friends with them. They were looking to buy another pony to keep the pony they had already had company. And I could keep Sunset there. My sister said we should go home and talk to mom, dad and the Paterson's about it first. I could not wait. We went home. we talked about it for about an hour and my parents had made up there minds, the answer was NO. I was so upset I cried all night. Finally I fell asleep. I had a dream about me and my pony loaping through a field of tall yellow flowers. When I woke up I was so happy but then remembered that I could not have the pony. I walked into the kitchen and mom said that Joanna Paterson asked if I could come over and play. So I had my breakfast and got dressed. I was soon walking down the duty road kicking up gravel every couple of steps. I finally got to the Paterson's house and there in the pasture was... (feb 24, 2000)

vist this site for more!!
http://www.equusite.com/articles/games/gamesHome.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment